Australian GP: Bottas passes Hamilton at the start and conquers dominant victory in MelbourneMarch 17, 2019
Valtteri Bottas dominantly won the first leg of the 2019 Formula 1 season. The Finn dropped second and overcame Lewis Hamilton in the first corner of the Albert Park Circuit, receiving the grid more than 20 seconds ahead of his teammate. team Hamilton, with Mercedes guaranteeing the double.
Bottas even secured the extra point, introduced in the 2019 season, making the fastest lap of the race in 1: 25.580s in the final stages.
Red Bull's Max Verstappen chased Hamilton at the end of the race after overtaking Sebastian Vettel on lap 31. However he failed to outdo the five-time world champion and completed the podium in third place.
Ferrari did not show the good pace of the preseason in Barcelona, finishing in P4 and P5 with Vettel and Charles Leclerc, respectively.
Bottas stayed on track longer than Hamilton, after Mercedes was forced to call on the Brit to defend himself against Vettel's strategy, which made his stop on lap 15 by opting for a set of midfielders.
Vettel suffered from lack of pace until the end of the race, and saw his team-mate Leclerc make a 13-second gap despite not being able to overtake after a frustrated attempt on Curve 1.
COMPLETE NEWS COMING SOON.
Final Result – Australian Grand Prix:
1) # 77 Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes)
2) # 44 Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)
3) # 33 Max Verstappen (Red Bull / Honda)
4) # 5 Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari)
5) # 16 Charles Leclerc (Ferrari)
6) # 20 Kevin Magnussen (Haas / Ferrari)
7) # 27 Nico Hülkenberg (Renault)
8) # 7 Kimi Räikkönen (Alfa Romeo / Ferrari)
9) # 18 Lance Stroll (Racing Point / Mercedes)
10) # 26 Daniil Kvyat (Toro Rosso / Honda)
11) # 10 Pierre Gasly (Red Bull / Honda)
12) # 4 Lando Norris (McLaren / Renault)
13) # 11 Sergio Pérez (Racing Point / Mercedes)
14) # 23 Alexander Albon (Toro Rosso / Honda)
15) # 99 A.Giovinazzi (Alfa Romeo / Ferrari)
16) # 63 George Russell (Williams / Mercedes)
17) # 88 Robert Kubica (Williams / Mercedes)
18) # 8 Romain Grosjean (Haas / Ferrari)
19) # 3 Daniel Ricciardo (Renault)
20) # 55 Carlos Sainz (McLaren / Renault)
Check out the latest F1MANIA videos on YouTube – ePRIX DE HONG KONG | Best Moments | FORMULA E 2018/19 – Stage 5
F1 2019 | Ferrari features SF90 red and black matte:
F1 2019 | MCLAREN introduces the MCL34:
F1 2019 | Red Bull presents RB15 'purple, black and red':
F1 2019 | Mercedes presents new paint for the W10:
HOLIDAYS | We piloted a FERRARI 488 GTB in SPEEDVEGAS:
Let's block ads! (Why?)
Lance Source link